GogoTraining is an ITIL® accredited ATO and the course videos along with the exercises fulfill the 30 contact hours required to sit for your exam.
This Service Offerings & Agreements (SOA) course provides you with an intense and focused exploration of the new and modified topics in ITIL® 2011. The course is intended for those who work within a Service Management environment and require a deeper understanding of the concepts, processes and activities involved in the strategy, definition and documentation of services. The SOA concepts are shown how they may be used to enhance overall service quality, service provision and contribute to their organization’s ongoing service improvement program.
In This Course You Will Learn:
The main focus of this course is on the process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing the SOA processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This course has a number of study units with practical application to reinforce the knowledge gained. These include:
- The Service Lifecycle and Service Management as a practice: Understand the Service Lifecycle and the objectives and business value for each phase in the lifecycle; understand and articulate “service” and be able to explain the concept of Service Management as a practice
- Basic Service Offerings & Agreement Principles: Understand the common principles and guidelines grounded in the Service Strategy and Design phases (e.g., a business case and ROI requirements) that will influence the performance of the SOA processes
- Service Offerings & Agreement Processes: Understand and articulate the activities of the SOA processes as well as the activities shared across the lifecycle. Other areas of discussion include information management requirements, challenges, critical success factors and risks within each of the processes. The processes include:
• Service Portfolio Management
• Service Catalog Management
• Service Level Management
• Demand Management
• Supplier Management
• Financial Management
• Business Relationship Management
- Explore Technology and Implementation Consideration: Understand the role of technology to the SOA processes and explore concepts that have great impact on their implementation.
ITIL® Foundations training is required prior to taking this course and it is highly recommended that all ITIL Intermediate Candidates have 2 to 4 years of Service Management Experience. If you plan on taking the ITIL® 2011: Service Offerings and Agreements certification exam, then you must have taken and passed the ITIL® Foundations exam (or v2, v3 or 2011equivalent) and present the certificate to the testing organization in order to sit for this exam.
Before attending training for the certification it is also strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications and, in particular, the ITIL Service Strategy and ITIL Service Design publications.