GogoTraining is an ITIL® accredited ATO and the course videos along with the exercises, fulfill the 30 contact hours required to sit for your exam.
This PEOPLCERT accredited training program is for individuals seeking specialist certification in the ITIL® Planning, Protection, and Optimization practice area. In order to sit for the Planning, Protection, and Optimization exam you need to have passed your ITIL® Foundation exam as it builds on the general principles covered in the ITIL® Foundation course, and have completed the GogoTraining accredited Planning, Protection, and Optimization course.
In this course ITIL Expert Dr. Suzanne Van Hove gives you all the tools you need to fully understand the process aspects of Planning, Protection and Optimization from a practical perspective. You will delve into key ITIL process and role areas including capacity management, availability management, IT service continuity management, information security management and demand management.
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Planning, Protection, and Optimization(PPO) Certificate is a freestanding qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate. The purpose of this training course and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in Service Management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications.
In This Course You Will Learn:
- Service Management as a Practice
- Processes across the Service Lifecycle pertaining to the practice elements within Planning, Protection and Optimization
- Capacity Management as a capability to realize successful service design
- Availability Management as a capability to realize successful service design
- IT Service Continuity Management as a capability to support overall Business Continuity Management
- Information Security Management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Planning, Protection and Optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks
And specifically in the following key ITIL process and role areas:
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks for Planning, Protection and Optimization
ITIL® Foundation training is required prior to taking this course and it is highly recommended that all ITIL Intermediate Candidates have 2 to 4 years of Service Management Experience. If you plan on taking the ITIL® 2011: Planning, Protection & Optimization certification exam, you must have taken and passed the ITIL® Foundations exam (or v2, 2007 or 2011 equivalent) and present the certificate to the testing organization in order to sit for this exam.
Before attending training for the certification it is also strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications and, in particular, the ITIL Service Design publication.