GogoTraining's ITIl Pracitioner course is accredited by AXELOS and PEOPLECERT.
The ITIL Practitioner Certification was designed to help IT Service Management Professionals learn how to adopt and adapt ITIL into their organization. The certification requires candidates to hold an ITIL Foundation certificate and it is strongly advised that candidates have worked in the field of IT Service Management for at least one to two years.
If you hold the ITIL® Foundation certificate and are ‘ready’ to lead the adopt and adapt improvement initiative, then you are in the right place. The Foundation Certification provides the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of Service Management but really offers no concrete information on the ‘how.’ The Foundation course is focused on the basics of Service Management – the benefits of a process-driven framework to create business value from well-defined, designed, delivered and managed services. The Practitioner extends the best practice information to a methodological level – the ‘how’ of introducing new or changed services (or management practices). Understanding the information that is presented will still need to be ‘adopted and adapted’ to fit the Practitioner’s comfort as well as the needs of the business.
The ITIL Practitioner uses the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach as the way to structure your improvement initiatives and it covers three key areas that are critical for your improvement initiatives to be successful. These include:
- Organizational Change Management
- Measurement and Metrics
There are 9 Guiding Principles in ITIL Practitioner including:
- Focus on value
- Design for experience
- Start where you are
- Work holistically
- Progress Interactively
- Observe directly
- Be transparent
- Keep it simple
This course is taught by Dr. Suzanne Van Hove. In the course you have unlimited access to her Video Lessons, the Student Guide, the ITIL Practitioner Students Guide, the Courseware Syllabus, the Candidate Syllabus, the ITIL Practitioner Training Plan, Sample Exams 1 and 2 and all Course Exercises and Solutions. You will also have access to the Online Questions and Answer Forum.
In This Course You Will Learn:
- Use Service Management concepts that drive continual service improvement
- Implement associated CSI tools and techniques to manage improvements
- Utilize the nine guiding principles of Service Management to the planning and implementation of service improvements
- Exploit the three critical competencies for successful improvement initiatives (Communication, Metrics and Measurement and Organizational Change Management)
- ITIL Foundation certificate (2011 or 2007 version or the v2 Certificate with the Foundation Bridge)
- Read ITIL Practitioner Guidance (this is a separate book that should be purchased as it can be usable during the exam). The book is NOT included in the course price. Purchase the book here: www.amazon.com/ITIL
While not an official prerequisite, we strongly recommend the candidate have 1-2 years of practical experience and/or one or more ITIL Intermediate certificates. The reason is this: there is an assumed contextual understanding of Service Management – beyond the Foundation level—in the course. There is a strong element of ‘doing’ in this course (80% of the course time is in practical exercises); applying the discussed concepts as well as personal knowledge of Service Management to address the exercise (and exam) requirements. Without that personal history, we find most participants will need to spend additional time with the course concepts to be successful.